Cosmetics Formulation Development

alternative solvent for minoxidil

Need help and get help on cosmetics formulation development

alternative solvent for minoxidil

Postby mamxxx » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:26 pm

I want to find an alternative solvent for dissolving minoxidil. I don't know if these substances can be used to dissolve or not. and how much should be used
1. Double Glycerin (PEG/PPG/Poly Butylene Glycol -8/5/3 Glycerin )

2. Propanediol (1,3- Propanediol )

Because in the end, I want to have very little viscosity because I will make a clear solution in a spray bottle for spraying on the scalp. I don't want to feel sticky or uncomfortable on my skin, but I want moisturizer effect too (it doesn't make my scalp or hair dry)

Or is it recommended to dissolve it with Ethyl Alcohol first (what proportion) and then use the boost moisture to add more later?

mamxxx

From thanks :: 0 Times
Recipes Count: 0

Re: alternative solvent for minoxidil

Postby staff » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:13 pm

hello

The choice of solvent also affects skin penetration.

Minoxidil is currently used to produce drugs, mainly Ethyl Alcohol , Propylene Glycol . I understand that there should be quite a lot of research on penetration.

In case of choosing another solvent

1. The team cannot suggest that Will it dissolve? because there is no information

2. In the case of mixing, it can be dissolved. You will also need to test penetration (eg franz-cell).

The use of Ethyl Alcohol / Propylene Glycol to dissolve does not mean that moisture cannot be added to the solution.

Staff - MySkinRecipes
staff

Recipes Count: 0

Return to Cosmetics Formulation Development